Unique characteristics of the Stand for Vulnerable (SVO) include the following.
- We are unique because we focus on child development.
- We are unique because we organize guardians into self help groups/cooperatives for household self-reliance while we support their children except exceptional cases.
- We are unique because we believe in family empowerment while we support one child to address the needs of all family members. Therefore, organizing guardians into self help groups/cooperatives is a requirement while a child is sponsored/supported.
- We are unique because family and community empowerment, natural resource management, institutional capacity building and partnership are taken as key factors to facilitate child development
- We are unique because we intensively use local resources while raising external resources.
- We are unique because we explore all opportunities in the community to mobilize in addition to other external project sources.
- We are unique because we believe in the capacity of communities we are serving.
- We are unique because we focus on attitudinal change for transformation.
- We are unique because we believe in collaboration and working in partnership.